Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oregon TAG bids farewell to Kulongoski


110107-F-1639C-690.JPG
Originally uploaded by oregonmildep
Things got a bit busy there for a while.

Wanted to share this quiet moment between two of the Oregon National Guard's leaders. On Jan. 7 at the State Capitol Building in Salem, Ore., there was no fanfare, no media, no lobbyists or politicos. Just two men saying goodbye, and thanking each other for a job well done. And of course a photo opportunity.

Maj. Gen. Raymond F. Rees, The Adjutant General, Oregon, (right), even asked the outgoing governor if he would sign a book that Kulongoski had given out two days before, commemorating his eight years in office. The two men stood quietly for a while, and chatted, while I set up my camera. I took several pictures, and also thanked Kulongoski for his leadership and service.

Kulongoski's official portrait was unveiled during a ceremony held at the Capitol on Jan. 5. At that time, the room was packed with about 200 people, and I jostled with six or seven other photographers to get the "best shot". I was hoping for another opportunity to photograph the outgoing governor with his portrait, and I suppose I lucked out. This was by far, the "best" shot.


Posted (and photographed) by Tech. Sgt. Nick Choy, Oregon Military Department Social Media Manager

No comments: