Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Secretary of the Army thanks Oregon Guard members for their sacrifice, service


Dear Gen. Rees,

I want to thank you for your leadership and service to the Guardsmen of Oregon during one of the most challenging and dynamic periods in the Guard's 372-year history.

It has been a privilege to serve with you during my three years with the Army. And I thank you and your fellow Adjutants General for honoring me with the iconic "Concord Minuteman." That is something I will treasure always.

During these challenging times, you and your Guardsmen have been called upon to make many personal sacrifices to ensure the defense of our Nation and to respond to homeland contingencies. You and your men and women have met these challenges with determination and professionalism.

Please pass along my thanks to your Guardsmen for all they do for our Nation. Our country needs them at home and abroad and they are greatly appreciated by the American people.

Thank you for all you do to help keep our military Strong. Best regards.


Sincerely,

Pete Geren,
Secretary of the Army
Washington, D.C.

No comments: